Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where, each week, a Top Ten list is posted based on a particular topic.

This week's: Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects

(All the books this week are in the contemporary or contemporary/new adult genre)

Click on the image to be taken to the Goodreads synopsis of each respective book.

The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I think this one's a given
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)
Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover - Gah the way this one just came together was so depressing (beautifully written)
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry - Drug abuse, physical abuse, homosexuality... Absolutely love the way McGarry writes
Looking for AlibrandiLooking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta - Racism was just one of the many tough/depressing themes of this amazing read
EasyEasy by Tammara Webber - A really, really amazing take on rape, its consequences, and what happens if it's not reported
If I StayIf I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman - Absolutely heart-wrenching, to live or to die when you have practically nothing left?
Saving JuneSaving June by Hannah Harrington - Halfway through this one but it deals with the aftermath of suicide
Drowning InstinctDrowning Instinct by Isla J. Bick - I'm cheating here as I haven't read it but I KNOW this is hella depressing; I'm too scared to start it, I know I need a really good book to read after I finish this to get me out of the sadness I'll feel at the ending.
FlawedFlawed by Kate Avelynn - Abuse. Lots of it. In practically every form
Between the LivesBetween the Lives by Jessica Shirvington - This book omg. ALL THE FEELS. Essentially it's about choosing life.


6 comments:

  1. You could almost pick any ten YA books at random and find ten great books that deal with tough subjects!

    Here's my list of top ten books that deal with tough subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list here! Some I need to add to my TBR pile. Definitely agree with Easy and Hopeless, they made it to my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy made my list too! And, I've been waiting for the right moment to read Hopeless. I've heard it's so emotional!

    Here's my list this week --> TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ones I've read are on my list as well, and almost all the others are on my TBR already!

    Here's my TTT post.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading Coleen Hoover's books. There always emotionally compelling. How did you feel about flawed? It seems like a good book. +1 in my TBR pile now ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started If I Stay today! Good so far. So many people picked The Fault in our Stars. I can't believe I left that off my list.

    My TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete