Sunday, July 14, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 1

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

So I'm a bit late to this but the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge was started by April @ Good Books and Good Wine on a whim as she wanted to do a blogging challenge related to books and was in a bit of a slump.

Day 1: Make 15 Book Related Confessions

  1. I pick my books based on their covers.
  2. I despise eBooks. I know they're awesome in terms of being able to get them pretty much instantly on release day whereas we'd have wait for international shipping on physical copies but I just love the feeling of holding an actual book in my hands.
  3. I love the bad boy. In a book where there is a bad boy I will pretty much always ship him and the MC even if I know they won't be end game ala the Darkling (Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy), Phoenix (Jessica Shirvington's The Violet Eden Chapters), Warner (Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me series), Travis Maddox (Beautiful Disaster), Conrad (The Summer I Turned Pretty - I consider him a bad boy ok?)
  4. I prefer paranormal/fantasy over contemporaries. I always find contemporaries unrelatable for some reason and I've definitely read more paranormals and given those higher ratings.
  5. I have like 100 books on my bookshelf waiting to be read and I'm still buying
  6. If a book has insta-love, my immediate rating is lowered to 3/5 regardless of how well it's written and the rating will NOT be raised beyond 3 by the end.
  7. A book that I really loved and was well written makes it harder for me review because I need to find the words to describe my feels. I also write a MUCH more eloquent and flowing review if I loved the book.
  8. I hate not finishing a book. I always try to go back to it in the end, this is because I buy all my books and by not finishing it, I deem it a waste of my money (THE ECONOMIC THEORY OF SUNK COSTS DO NOT APPLY TO ASIANS).
  9. I'm scared to borrow books from people because even though I try to take care of my own books, I tend to shove them in my bag where they get jostled and damaged :/
  10. I don't mind damaging ARCs - I dog ear pages, crack the spines and I'm even considering highlighting.
  11. I don't lend out any of my books that have been signed or have bookplates. My level of trust only goes so far.
  12. I feel guilty about authors following me on twitter and chatting to me if I haven't read their books.
  13. When I see people at the bookstore I totally just want to jump in and recommend them books. If they're holding a book I loved I will totally go "omg that book is amazing, I loved it".
  14. I get really annoyed when people look down on me reading YA and in my mind, my respect for them has been lowered a bit.
  15. Book buying is an addiction for me. At one point I went from reader to collector.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so many good points, Jaz! Apart from the hating e-books part, of course ;) I love my kindle to pieces, it's always with me, always filled with books, and ready to receive more.

    Thanks for stopping by my blogger challenge earlier. I hope you've had a fantastic weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha oh Jaz, of course you love the bad boy. ;) Phoenix loves you for it and he's the reason you're going to be alive from now until November I know it.

    I'm exactly the same when it comes to being in a bookstore. I just want to rave about everything to a point that I'd probably be thrown out.

    I'm not an ebooks fan either! I will forever be a physical book copy person and I don't plan to ever get a kindle. :) That's why it annoys me that I miss out on all these books in a series that are IN BETWEEN, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete