Monday, July 15, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge was started by April @ Good Books and Good Wine on a whim as she wanted to do a blogging challenge related to books and was in a bit of a slump.

Day 2: What is your bedtime reading ritual?

I love this one because bedtime is pretty much when I get most of my reading done!

My routine is always the same, when I'm tired or done with whatever I'm doing in front of the computer (I'm always in front of my computer, like glued to it all day if I'm home, or on it as soon as I get home from work/uni) I'll brush my teeth/get ready for bed. Then I'll turn off my light and turn on my reading lamp and spend HOURS reading. 

This can be from like 11pm/12am - 4am where I'll go from start to finish with a book! I've done this many times on Friday/Saturday nights and during my holidays. Otherwise if I've got an early start the next day, I'll read for about 1h and sleep at maybe 1-2am.

I will ALWAYS read before going to bed. No matter how tired and exhausted I am, how tired my eyes are, I WILL ensure I get in like 1/2h of reading or 1 or 2 chapters in. It's sort of like I owe it to myself you know? I've worked so hard all day and not done anything I enjoyed for myself, I need something to reward myself. And reading is my reward. It's my escape.

I actually leave a few books on my headboard (it's a shelf style) along with my iPad and Kindle Paperwhite so that when I finish a book, I will always have another to go to without needing to get out of bed :P the iPad is so I can update Goodreads with my progress!


2 comments:

  1. I'm the same Jaz! I get most of my reading done at bedtime as well! :D

    BUT WOAH. 4AM. WOMAN.
    Sleep at 2am?! What kind of early start is an early start for you. -__-
    I definitely agree on the escape part. Especially during the exam period, even after a hard stressful day of studying, and with my exam the next day, I'll sacrifice some sleep to give myself some sort of release so I can relax before I shut my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I don't read during exam period... Which is why I'm so behind :( so many group assignments and then exam period -sigh-

      But while on break I just don't sleep teehee

      Delete