Tuesday, July 16, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 3

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine

The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge was started by April @ Good Books and Good Wine on a whim as she wanted to do a blogging challenge related to books and was in a bit of a slump.

Day 3: Who are your blogging BFFS?

This is a really hard one because I talk to heaps of people about books on twitter, and the Aussie YA book blogging community is great but in terms of actual blogging BFFS...

Shirley from Shiirleyy's Bookshelf. I have bonded with this girl SO MUCH over books, and she is amazing. We USUALLY have the same taste books but there are some where we diverge and we love to have discussions/debates over this :P Shirley is one of the biggest reasons why I started book blogging. She has helped me tremendously with encouraging me to contact publishers. Shirley has given me great book blogging advice and I just heart this girl so much <3 We talk all the time!

It saddens me greatly that she doesn't blog anymore, but the girl that IS the reason my book blog is up and running is because of Saz from Saz101. She pimped my blog and twitter account when I first started and she really got my name out there. For this girl, I am FOREVER grateful. Sarah and I just spazz about everything, our gChats are filled with cap lock and hearts :P She also writes the most eloquent and beautiful reviews! Her review of Anna and the French Kiss is what tipped the scales and convinced me to read it. Even with everybody bugging me to read Anna it was her gorgeous review that did it and introduced me to the world of Anna and Etienne <3

Lovely Riya from The Teen Book Guru, she always makes an effort to read my blog/comment and tweets me <3 We bonded over our love for JLA's Covenant :D We have really similar tastes in books and we just spazz over all the hot book boyfriends :P

Braiden from Book Probe Reviews is one of the only guys I know that reads and blogs about YA. I don't even know what we bond over. Weird stuff. But we have Skyped! And I think that counts for something LOL.

It worries me that Shirley, Saz, Riya or Braids don't think of me as one of their book blogging BFFS. Even though I think we have something cool going on... This may not be the case... Oh dear. *Paranoid*

Other great bloggers I love who I talk to a lot on twitter:
  • Keely from My Spin On Books [Aussie]- I probably talk to this girl at least once a day, and since meeting her at PTA Live Sydney we've gotten even closer! 
  • Alice from That Kid in Wonderland [Aussie]- She just started her own book blog :D
  • Eileen from Singing and Reading in the Rain [US] and Melanie from YA Midnight Reads [Aussie] - I put these two together because they're like twins. The way they way talk and spazz is so similar and I feel like their older sister a lot of the time <3
  • Kim and Kerrie from Two Girls and a Novel [Aussie] - I talk to these two so much, they (along with Saz and Lisa from Badass Bookie) introduced me to the Guild Huntress series :D. We also share our love of VA <3


5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Jaz. <3 <3 I feel so honoured to be mentioned here...especially considering I only just made my blog bahahaha.

    Shirley! Saz! Braids! Love everyone mentioned here! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw Jaz <33 You are so one of my blogging BFFS too!!!!! We have so much in common and I LOVE chatting with you about books and just life in general. :P SO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU AAAAH. <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY RIYA SO HAPPY YOU THINK SO TOO. I was like "omg what if she doesn't agree? That'd be so awkward* <333

      Delete
  3. I've really gotta check out some of the blogs you mentioned! I recognise a few names from Twitter.

    ReplyDelete