Wednesday, July 17, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine


The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge was started by April @ Good Books and Good Wine on a whim as she wanted to do a blogging challenge related to books and was in a bit of a slump.

Day 4: What's the last book you flung across the room?

I'm too much of a book lover to actually throw my books. I'm so OCD with my books and their conditions I wouldn't dare throw a book across the room... BUT I have come very, VERY close.

It's very rarely that books elicit such a reaction from me that I even want to come close to throwing it across the room. So the fact that a book comes close? Well it had to have been pretty horrible. There have only ever been THREE books in my whole reading life I've ever wanted to do this to. And they were all this year. Even the Twilight saga didn't make me react this way. So you can imagine how bad I thought these books were.

Thus, the last book I WANTED to fling across the room was Crash by Nicole Williams. This book infuriated me so much I couldn't deal and ended up not finishing it at only page 53 on July 6th. The MC was just the most hypocritical girl I'd ever read. "I'm a total romantic and I want my Prince Charming to come riding in on his white horse because I'm all innocent, OH WAIT LET ME TAKE OFF MY BIKINI TOP AND RUN MY HANDS FLIRTATIOUSLY OVER MYSELF TO GET THIS BAD BOY'S ATTENTION".  I'm surprised I lasted that long. But finishing it would have been a wasted effort. Who knows, maybe one day I'll attempt to finish it and my wall will also have a dent in it.

4 comments:

  1. OH wow, I think I'd have wanted to throw that across the room as well... It's good that you let yourself stop reading, at least!

    Great post, Jaz :) Have a fantastic evening!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is I really wanted to finish it to see how it played out but I was just SO frustrated lol!

      Thanks for stopping by Lexxie <3

      Delete
  2. Ahahahahahahahahha oh this book. It's gotten so much rage as of late. I'm just amazed that Lana was actually able to read all of it and put up with the MC.

    I'm the same though. I could never throw a book across the room. Even if it was THAT bad, I'd probably just beat it with my pillow or something. Hence why it's good that I do most of my reading when I'm in bed haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody is so divided on this book! I give props to Lana for making it to the end. Did you see her statuses on GR? SO hilarious and I'd be so angry if I was her HAHAHA.

      I was reading this whilst in bed... I wanted to throw it across the room from my bed!

      Delete