Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Series in Graphs: Legend trilogy


Today I can finally introduce my new blog feature: A Series in Graphs! I have been working on this feature for MONTHS deliberating the best way to do this, what to show you guys etc. etc. But it's here yay. If you've read my 2015 goals post, this is the secret feature I was working on.

Basically this feature summarises a whole series (usually a trilogy) in the form of graphs/charts so you can get the jist of my opinion of a series without reading a whole review. I hope that this not only tells you what I thought of the series, but also gives you an inkling into whether you'd like to check out the books if you haven't (:

If you have any questions about the graphs or want me to add anymore, comment below.

The first series I'll be covering is: Legend by Marie Lu

Legend is a dystopian series that I absolutely adored! The plot was fast-paced, and I loved the story and characters. June and Day were both so conflicted which made the story so gripping and filled with feels and angst.

Legend synopsis:
"What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets."



Make-Up



Character Development




Love Triangle

 

Necessity of Love Triangle



Covers


Plot




Feels




Ending Satisfaction




Overall Ratings


18 comments:

  1. OH THIS IS SO COOL! What a great idea! It definitely gives a fabulous quick but awesome overview of how much you liked it. Kind of inspires me to pick up the series again. ;-) I get so distracted, gah, and I only ever read Legend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely continue with the series Cait it's so fast-paced and intense.

      Delete
  2. This is genius!! I can totally relate to some of those feels. This really makes me miss this series! I do really feel like giving Champion a re-read now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie! Champion = all my bloody feels *sobs*

      Delete
  3. OMFG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Such an amazing idea, Jaz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU NARA, So glad you like it. I've got a whole bunch of series lined up for this feature :)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea Jaz! Sometimes I don't have the time to read everyone's reviews fully so I love the fact that I can just skim your ones and get a gist of the feel of the books. Makes me want to pick up Legend asap...yes I haven't read it yet...no surprise tbh. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yushhh mission accomplished! I hope you do pick it up. My aim of this was to also let people know if it's worth it to pick up a whole series at all/worth investing their time in a series so good to know this helps.

      Delete
  5. This is such a fabulous idea, I loved seeing you break down the series over the course of the graphs! Totally perfect and I agree, the ending was wonderful. I Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeann! I look forward to sharing more of these with you guys, I have so many series in mind.

      Delete
  6. I love your idea Jaz, its unique. And since I like Legend too, well, I love this post even more! I haven't read Champion yet, but I already bought the book so I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank Tiffany <3 yay for Legend fans! It's such a wonderful trilogy wait til you read Champion it'll blow you away (hopefully).

      Delete
  7. JAZ!! You have no idea how much I LOVE this feature! I think its one of the best I've ever seen- i shall be following it really closely! I can't wait to see what you do for other series :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek Rita that means so much to me thank you <333 I'm so excited to do more of these now.

      Delete
  8. I've never seen anything like this on any blog and it's so wonderful! This is so new and exciting to read about <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nova *squishes* thank you! It's good to know that is a really original feature. I'm really happy with the responses.

      Delete
  9. Eeeep I am seriously loving this! Now I want to read this series even more thanks to you xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep yay I really hope you pick up this series. It's sooooo good. Also, thank you for your feedback early on with this!

      Delete