Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #2



Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and every week bloggers post about books they’ve added to their bookshelves! This includes books bought through a physical store, online store, eBooks, books borrowed from the library/a friend and gifts.

This week's haul is pretty damn amazing even if I do say so myself :D

Yesterday, my friends @smile_dorklin, @runswithundead and I all went to the city for a catch-up! Whewwww it was amazing, I hadn't seen @runswithundead in over 2 years (since high school graduation :P) and we did this awesome book swap. (I lent @smile_dorklin Hannah Harrington's Speechless which was in last week's StS, TFiOS, Slammed/PoR by Colleen Hoover and Pushing the Limits; @runswithdead I lent Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere, UtNS so she can finally finally read it and Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson.) We had lunch, walked around (and took pictures with this HUGE rubber duck in Sydney's Darling Harbour), and hung out at Sydney's largest bookstore, Kinokuniya, for AGES :DDDD

For the week ending 20th January...

My friend @runswithundead lent to me:


My biggest thanks and hugs to @runswithundead for lending (and giving) me this swag!


My bank account gave to me:


  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Literature) - I can't believe I haven't read this yet either. I'd previously bought a really cheap $2 copy from The Book Depository but it's horrible: chapters don't start on a new page but continue on from the last and it's so annoying!
  • Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman (Contemporary/New Adult) - @runswithundead and @smile_dorklin saw me spazz when I saw this and Black City at Kino. I was like "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW OMG" legit. Been waiting for Just One Day for AGES! It was torture watching everybody on Twitter do the Penguin read-a-thon. But I finally have it and I'm putting everything aside to read this :D
  • Black City (Black City #1) by Elizabeth Richards (Dystopia/Paranormal) - ohmygoodness been looking for this since before it was released! It's been 4 months since I first heard about it, watched it get released then watched as people finished it and started getting ARCs for Phoenix. This goes up my tbr pile and I'll be reading this straight after Just One Day!


Also:



Awww yeah I also came home with this baby. Due to the sheer amount of eBooks being published nowadays I realised I really needed to get an eReader... I'd been reading on the computer/phone/iPod and my eyes were starting to HURT :( now I could have gotten a Kindle which I considered (since I buy all my eBooks through Amazon Kindle), but I have an Apple account, and I wanted to utilise the apps AND watch videos! So an iPad mini was definitely for me - light enough to carry everywhere and read in bed without worry of a nosebleed if it falls on my face (it fell on my face last night) but big enough to see everything <3

Oh oh and...

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry (Contemporary/New Adult) - I got this through NetGalley and I finished it this morning (: I'll be writing my review for it straight after this blog post and it'll be up closer to the release date :P

A huge thanks goes to Harlequin UK for this NetGalley

What did you guys all get this week?

6 comments:

  1. JAZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! KINOKUNIYAAA! Holy crap, I miss that place so much! I can spend a whole freaking day without food or anything just staying inside and reading :) I WANT JUST ONE DAY!! How much did you get it for? The publicist at RH said it's an overseas release, so I'm expecting it to be a little more expensive here :S Anyway, ENJOY! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shirley <33333

      I'M AT KINO ALLLLLLLL THE TIME. WE SHOULD MEET UP THERE OR SOMETHING!

      Just One Day was $16.95 at Kino and I get my 10% discount so about $15. It's also $15 at K-Mart :) or you can get it off TBD for $10 haha but I couldn't stand the wait.

      Delete
  2. MIRIAM HAS UNDER THE NEVER SKY? FIN-A-FREAKIN-LLY! Awesome that you girls got to meet up and share the book love!! I totally want to visit Kinokuniya after hearing about it lately.

    Oooh JUST ONE DAY. WANT! I've been reading MAZING reviews about it, can't wait to see what you think!

    Also: *STEALS YOUR IPAD*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I FORCED HER TO TAKE IT SO SHE CAN FINALLY READ IT LOL.

      Are you from Sydney Brodie? If not when you come visit you should totally go Kino <3

      AND YES JUST ONE DAY IS SO HYPED UP!!

      And oh... my iPad *reaches hand out*

      Delete
  3. HOLY CRAP. JAZ. YOU'RE A BOOK BUYING/READING MACHIIIIINE. I'm so excited to see what you think of The Assassin's Curse! It's been on my radar for EVVVVER (OK, well, only since it came out :P) but I haven't been sure. CONVINCE ME, YES?

    AND iPAD MINI! EEEEEE! DO YOU LOVE IT??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I WILL CONVINCE YOU ONCE I READ THE ASSASSIN'S CURSE ;D

      SAZ IPAD MINI IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER INVESTED IN :D READING IN THE DARK IS <3

      Delete