Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #14 + Book Events Recap




Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and every week bloggers post about books they’ve added to their bookshelves! This includes books bought through a physical store, online store, eBooks, books borrowed from the library/a friend and gifts.

I'm officially back to book blogging! I finished my last exam today yay so I can catch up on all my posts, reading and reviews! Checking my archives and I was like "are you kidding me I haven't done a STS in THAT long?!" The amount of books I've received since then... woah... Let's do this!

I'm going to start with the book events I went to (:

(All links lead to the relevant Goodreads pages for each book)

Event: Gayle Forman in Conversation with Melina Marchetta - Tuesday 28th May

Gayle Forman came to Sydney and it was absolutely amazing hearing her in conversation with Melina! They talked about their characters, the imperfections of their male MCs and the worlds they built for their stories. I was in awe at the way they thought and so, so honoured to meet them!

Highlights:
On the Jellicoe Road is being made into a movie and Melina is writing the screenplay!
Melina is working on a new adult book in the crime genre
If I Stay is being made into a movie
There won't be an If I Stay #3 - Gayle explained that if she were to write another book for them, she'd have to put them through more pain and heartbreak before she could give them a happily-ever-after (maybe) and honestly, haven't Mia and Adam gone through enough?

I didn't buy any books as I pretty much owned every book by Gayle and Melina (except for The Piper's Son which they didn't have D: ). I did however, bring all my Gayle books to get signed and 1 Melina book (I wanted to bring ALL the Melina books but they were way too heavy and I had work + uni that day *cries*)

Ta-da I present to you my signed books:


My copy of On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (Contemporary) is really old - I got it back in 2006 when it first came out so I've got the pretty original cover \*O*/. If you haven't heard of Melina Marchetta, then... well she is THE Goddess of Aussie YA!


All contemporary:

Thanks to Melina and Gayle for signing these <3

And a little something...


Event: Abbi Glines signing - Sunday 9th June

The line was absolutely MASSIVE! I didn't know Abbi had so many fans in Australia so woah. I bought Fallen Too Far which I only had in e-book; I really wanted the new Breathe (I own the original) but they sold out :( everything else I owned previously

Abbi didn't do a talk or answer questions, it was just a signing, BUT stay tuned because I have a special post regarding said signing coming up soon on my blog (;


Thanks Abbi for signing all these lol!

All contemporary:


Event: Penguin Teen Australia Live (Sydney) - Monday 24th June

PTA came to Sydney to give a talk about their up and coming titles, answer questions about their books  and they had Aussie author Will Kostakis come and give a talk about his book, The First Third.

Highlights: 




My actual Stacking the Shelves


Physical Review Copies/ARCs:


Thanks to Penguin Books Australia and Harper Collins Australia for these review copies <3




Thanks to Pan Macmillan Australia and Bloomsbury Australia for these ARCs <3

NetGalley:


Thanks to Farrar,Straus and Giroux (BYR) (Macmillan Children's Publishing Group), Ebury Press (Random House UK), Entangled, Bloomsbury Australia, Disney Hyperion and Harlequin Teen Australia for these NetGalleys <3

Bought:

(E-books)





Whew and that's it!








6 comments:

  1. Jaz you have an amazing haul indeed. Enjoy your new books. Come visit me as well when you can.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Our Yesterdays sounds amazing! So does Reboot. I really hope you enjoy everything because you had a huge haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so many pretty books! I'm totally jealous of the author events you went to, too. I rarely ever have any in my area, so I have to live through other people in the blogosphere. Happy reading :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous about Gayle Forman and Melina Marchetta!!! I love them! I'm glad you had fun and wow, I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many books!! I can't wait for Crown of Midnight to come out! I keep hearing how awesome it is!
    Old follower
    my StS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice signings! Several books I see that I want to read: 5th Wave, Skylark, Reboot...I have Gameboard of the Gods but still need to read it, hopefully in the next week or two. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete