Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #18



Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and every week bloggers post about books they’ve added to their bookshelves! This includes books bought through a physical store, online store, eBooks, books borrowed from the library/a friend and gifts.

I think this is turning into a fortnightly thing for me lol, not that I'm complaining, my Sundays/weekends in general are getting to be really busy now.

I've had two mini-bookish events happen in the past 2 weeks - one I'll mention below and the other I'll talk about here:
So on August 1st, I met Amie Kaufman, co-author of These Broken Stars (Starbound #1)! She was in Sydney for a few hours and when she announced her short trip on Twitter I sort of just assaulted her online HAHA. We had lunch and talked about publishing, awesome books and of course These Broken Stars. Amie is full of awesome and so funny! I could totally see how she's the voice behind sarcastic Tarver. Amie and Meagan are also quite evil as they apparently laugh at people's reactions to certain events in the book. Anyway, I was lucky enough to have been approved for the eARC last week (woohoo thanks Disney-Hyperion) and finished TBS the night before meeting Amie so we could discuss - AND YOU GUYS TBS IS GORGEOUS AND FULL OF FEELS AND 4.5/5 <3 So you should all look out for it's release in November (Aus) and December (US) *nods* Lilac and Tarver *hums*

From Edelweiss (oops I'd previously written NG my bad; BUT YAY MY FIRST EVER EDELWEISS APPROVAL):

Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5)

Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack (Adult Contemporary) - this was AMAZING omg 5/5 Garrick Taylor! I'll have my review up on the release day launch August 13th (((:

Thanks to William Morrow Publishing for this eARC <3

ARCs:

Just this Tuesday I had the privilege of meeting Sonia, the publicist for YA, from Bloomsbury Sydney! We gushed about Trish Doller, Chaol Westfall *cough* I mean Crown of Midnight and Sarah J. Maas and just books in general (duh!) over peppermint tea. It was a great half-hour but way too short and I must get her to meet me again sometime. She also surprised me with some lovely books which I totally wasn't expecting (for me I just wanted to meet the face behind the person I had been sending my Chaol/CoM fangirl emails to lol) and I adore the Bloomsbury tote too!. Sonia is insanely awesome - we share the same feels and I just love how bookish people react to things, my non-bookish friends don't understand my fangirling antics ): She's also one of the nicest, polite and sweetest people I've ever met.





Thanks to Bloomsbury Sydney for these review copies/ARCs <3

Bought:

E-books:
Cipher (Cipher, #1) The Darkest Part  (Living Heartwood)




Physical copies:
And these arrived in the mail ^_^




7 comments:

  1. Okay so The Forgotten Ones is AMAZING! I won an e-book of it back in May and devoured it. I've heard Second Chance Summer is a real tearjerker.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you got to have lunch with such lovely people. I'm so jealous! Everyone's been reading The Bone Season and it sounds really interesting. I'll be reading Throne of Glass next and I have Crown of Midnight on my shelf waiting to be read. It sounds like I'm in for a ride. Bloomsbury are just the best! My friend loves The Sweet Evil series so i'll have to check it out soon. Happy Reading, great haul :)

    - Sunny :) my haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I haven't met Sonia, she really ia sweet! So jelly that you got to meet her. Second Chance Summer is a pretty light read despite a darkish ending.

    Happy reading, Jaz! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool haul. Hope you enjoy :)

    new follower via twitter, bloglovin, gfc

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read Keeping Her - it was sooooo good.

    Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting My STS

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the Bone Season was so good so I really hope you enjoy it. It starts out a little slow but picks up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great week for you! Aime was lovely at BEA and Sonia is a wonderful lady, too! Will you be at The Bone Season launch next week?!

    ReplyDelete